Who are we and what are we doing?
Legal Compliance Advisors (Pty) Ltd (trading as LCA) was established in 2011 and we quickly became leaders in the industry since we simplify sophistication!
Health and Safety is our passion and we want to emphasize that attention to Health and Safety is not just about being socially responsible…it also makes good business sense and you should regard it just as important as the achievement of any other key business objective.
LCA facilitates the management of Health and Safety in the workplace for both employers and employees alike.
Our range of professional services establishes a comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSAS18001), identifies hazards and risk assessment, accident/incident investigation and compliance with regulations by delivering value-added benefits to organisations by promoting the ‘right way’ of working that enhances the quality of life and prevents avoidable losses to people, property and the environment.
Remember; whatever sort of business you are, there is always the possibility of an accident or damage to someone’s health. All work exposes people to hazards, be they: loads which have to be manually handled; dangerous machinery; toxic substances; electricity; working with display screen equipment or even psychological hazards such as stress.
Essentially we will ensure the absence of risk to health and safety of employees and others so far as is reasonably practicable.
We will assist with your Health and Safety System that will enable you to manage health and safety. (e.g. policies, appoint a competent person(s) to help you comply with your legal obligations and provide clear procedures).
- We will assist in identifying your main hazards and also assess your risks.
- We will ensure that your risk control measures are adequate and that they are used and maintained and that they continue to work.
- We will conduct a GAP analysis which means that during this analysis LCA identifies H&S issues such as hazards, risks, management system deficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
- We make on-going evaluations of performance through monitoring, measurement, assessment, audits, accident/incident investigations, and analysis.
- Preventative action is taken when opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Corrective Action is taken when non-conformances are identified.
Very important: The reason there are not even more accidents and diseases caused by work is because systems of prevention are in place which have been built up over generations.
Safety does not come about by accident: most accidents happen because they have not been prevented.